We are looking for a Post-Doctoral Researcher to be employed in one of our subsidiaries, Oloker Therapeutics, a biotechnology start-up dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of cellular therapies for the treatment of cardiovascular disease.
Candidates should have a strong background in cardiac cell biology, molecular biology and possibly biostatistics. Candidates should be motivated, enthusiastic about science and display initiative as well as independence in managing a project. Excellent English writing and speech skills are required.
The position is open to postdoctoral fellows who received their PhD for at last 3 years. The initial appointment will be one year, renewable.
The work location will be at Department of Experimental Oncology European Institute of Oncology, Via Adamello 16, 20139 Milano, Italy.
- Completed a Master’s or PhD degree in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, biotechnology, pharmacology or similar disciplines.
- Must have excellent practical experience of human stem/progenitor cell-culture, characterisation and differentiation (cardiac-relevant lineages are preferable); molecular biology techniques (qPCR); ELISA assays; western blot; biochemical assays; FACS analysis; cell imaging systems (e.g. Zeiss, IncuCyte). – Background in the cardiovascular field
- Excellent written and spoken English
- High level of motivation, initiative, flexibility, and Competitive scientific track record
- As a person, you like to be challenged, are organised and reliably independent, show attention to detail, interested in acquiring new skills, have high levels of drive, enthusiasm and commitment
- Experience in biostatistics
- Experience in researching the immunology field and toxicology